Institute fees include hotel stay and most meals during the Institute.
Over the course of three days, you will learn what makes collaboration work; what derails it; and how to engage in consortial work through a curriculum that ensures participants understand a body of knowledge leading to effective collaboration.
The curriculum covers:
- An overview of consortial leadership, highlighting a range of organizational structures across consortia
- Collaboration, leadership, governance and vision
- Strategic planning, action plans and assessment to bring mission and goals into reality
- Communicating within and about the consortium - strategies and tactics for sharing your good work
- Financial strategies and techniques
Participants will work on a capstone project through the entire institute, and leave the institute with clear action plans and a way forward to implement their project upon returning to their organization.
ACL Institute faculty are leaders in higher education collaboration who have expertise in their subject area and deep experience in consortial work.
Summer 2017 Institute Faculty include:
Claire Ramsbottom, Executive Director, Colleges of the Fenway; President, ACL
Barbara McFadden Allen, Executive Director, Big Ten Academic Alliance; Vice President, ACL
Stig Lanesskog, President, Claremont University Consortium; Board Member, ACL
Kevin Kennedy, Director of Communications, Five Colleges, Inc.
Beth Moy, Executive Director, Southeastern Pennsylvania Consortium for Higher Education; Secretary, ACL
R. Owen Williams, President, Associated Colleges of the South; Board Member, ACL
The current draft schedule is available here; note, the schedule is subject to adjustment.